Our world-leading experts publish their research on our key topics in leading journals from around the world.
Our key research topics cover sustainable aviation fuels, low-carbon energy use and generation, hydrogen fuel cells, carbon capture, renewable energy and energy simulation and modelling. Our most recent research papers cover these topics and more. View them all below, or visit our staff page to find links to historic publications.
Below are links to the most recent peer-reviewed research articles, white papers, working papers, journal articles and reports published by our researchers.
- Direct contact membrane distillation : a sensitivity analysis and an outlook on membrane effective thermal conductivity. Journal of Membrane Science.
- A techno-enviro-economic assessment of a biomass fuelled micro-CCHP driven by a hybrid Stirling and ORC engine. Energy Conversion and Management, 227.
- Tuning the electrical and solar thermal heating efficiencies of nanocarbon aerogels. Chemistry of Materials.
- Technico-economic modelling of ground and air source heat pumps in a hot and dry climate. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A: Journal of Power and Energy.
- Assessment of the impact of subgrid-scale stress models and mesh resolution on the LES of a partially-premixed swirling flame. Fuel, 281, 118620-118620.
- Techno-economic competitiveness of 50 MW concentrating solar power plants for electricity generation under Kuwait climatic conditions. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 134, 110342-110342.
- A techno-economic assessment of implementing power-to-gas systems based on biomethanation in an operating waste water treatment plant. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 104735-104735
- Adjoint based optimisation for efficient VAWT blade aerodynamics using CFD. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 104431-104431.
Find out more about our research team
Our research associates have expertise across the spectrum of low-carbon energy alternatives, with specialisms which support research in key areas. If our expertise doesn’t match your area of interest, our close links with the wider University of Sheffield enable us to redirect your query. Our team can also work with you to achieve your business and innovation goals more directly.
Visit the staff page to find out more about how our expertise can help you.